Thursday, August 18, 2016

Need A Great Pair of Headphones?







Music is a big part of my life with 2 musicians in the family. One family member plays guitar and sings and another plays drums and guitar. We have a music studio where they have band practice on a regular basis. That means we need a good quality set of headphones to use with the mixing board and while laying tracks. That's why I was super excited to try out the Sound Intone CX-05 Headphones.












The headband and earpad is made with memory foam which is covered with PU Leather on the inside plus a diamond stitched fabric on the outside. This not only looks awesome it feels awesome. Especially the ear pads. Usually after an hour of wearing a set of headphones they become uncomfortable but not this set. I spent four hours laying tracks yesterday and they were still comfortable. The earpads are also labeled with a big “R” and “L” on the inside of each earpad to distinguish Right or Left.








The headband has a stainless steel retractable adjustable slide so no matter who wears them they fit perfectly. This is great because we use them while mixing, laying tracks and for vocals so depending on what we are using them for depends on who's wearing them. That means they have to be adjusted to fit each individual person.


I like that these headphones are constructed with metal instead of cheap plastic because the plastic breaks easily and never last very long. Many companies manufacture great sounding headphones but then they skimp on the materials used in the making of them like using plastic headbands instead of a sturdy metal or they use cheap padding instead of memory foam. They followed through with this set which is awesome.









Even the detachable cables that came with this set are nice. They are wrapped fabric cables. That means the cables will also last longer and also help keep them from tangling. That is important because these will be used a lot and no one wants to waste time untangling cords. The plugs on these two cables are glod plated 3.5mm for static free without distortion connection. I like that they added an extra auxiliary cable too. One has a in-line remote with a built in microphone. That means I can use these to also answer phone calls if I want to. The microphone is a 360* degree highly sensitive omni directional microphone. Although I know these Sound Intone CX-05 won't be used for that I did make a call with them and the conversation was clear and the person I was speaking to said there was no static or echo on their end. Then I asked them to call me back to see if they worked the same way with an incoming call. I had the auxiliary cable plugged into my cell phone listening to music and when the call came in the music stopped automatically. I click the button on the in-line remote on the cord and it answers the phone. If they hang up first the phone disconnects and the music plays again automatically. If you want to hang up just click the in-line remote button again and it will disconnect the call. If your listening to music and make a call out the same thing happens, the music stops when the call is connected and reconnected when the call disconnects. The only thing I didn't like about these cables is the length. They measure 4 feet 9 inches or 1.5m. I would of liked to have seen 10 ft cords which would allow more movement when the band is using them. Most headphones come with a short cord. I would like to see a company include one longer cord. This I'm sure would come in handy in more ways than one. That would be a nice option but that's just my opinion.

One of the features that come in handy is the ability of this set of headphones to fold for easy transportation. When traveling to a gig I can tuck these in a guitar case because the earpads fold into the headband. This not only makes them compact for easy transport but it also protects the earpads from damage.










Although the Sound Intone CX-05 Headphones has many great features the one that impressed me the most was the sound of this set. I am super impressed. I wanted you to be able to hear what I hear when wearing them. The closest I could come is to place a recorder inside a box between the earpads and record a relaxation sound track. Then upload the track to amazon but that means you are listening to the track in an box and the quality of the recorder plays a factor in clarity. Even so I think it came out pretty clear however it still doesn't do the sound quality of this headphone set justice. It's so crystal clear and sharp.

No comments: