Saturday, June 18, 2016

Add A BIT OF COLOR TO YOUR LIFE JUST FOR FUN!




This is a great Crafts 4 All Permanent Fabric Markers starter pack from E. I Trading LTD for anyone who wants to do some fabric projects. I had a plain white Calvin Klein fabric tote that I wanted to jazz up a bit with some color so I traced out a flower design in the black marker to color in with bright colors. This set was perfect for this craft project.



I had several colors to choose from in this set of twelve permanent fabric markers. The colors are Black, Grey, Brown, Brilliant Blue, Sky Blue, Vivid Red,Grass Green, Forest Green, Orange, Lemon Yellow, Purple, and Pale Purple.
One of the features I liked about these Crafts 4 All Fabric Markers is the double tip. It has a wide tip for large areas you want to cover and a fine tip for writing and fine lines. You don't need to press down when using these markers and they cover easily and work fantastic. The colors showed bright and vivid.






If you follow the directions on the box you shouldn't have any bleeding problems and get the results your looking for in your project. Keep in mind the harder you press the more marker ink you will receive and depending on what type of fabric your using will depend on how much or how fast it will absorb into the material. With this project I was using a really thin cloth and the fabric soaked up a lot of the marker ink quickly. I also noticed it draws the ink easily which could cause bleeding. Knowing this I kept it just a little bit from the fine black outline that I had drawn and it worked great to keep the black outline from bleeding. I also stuck a piece of cardboard in between so the color would not go through to the other side.These permanent markers are Non Toxic making them safe for me to use with my Grandchildren. That's a must because children love markers.This keeps them safe and they can spend quality time crafting too. Keep in mind these being permanent you might want to save these for the older children to use. The fabric markers are also machine washable and fade resistant. I would use cold water because the company recommended not to use water over 30C/86F to prevent bleeding. It's better to be safe than sorry.One thing I would of done different if I was to do this project again with this type of material would be to apply the black fine line design then allow it to dry overnight before coloring it. Although I didn't experience a lot of bleeding I would not have had to be so careful about how close I came to the black design to avoid the black from bleeding. This is just my personal preference for this particular material. I can't wait to try them on jean material that I have for another project.I'm no artist but the colors did add a bit of fun to this drab tote. I added photos to give you an idea of what the colors looked like and to show how vivid the colors are on fabric. It applies so easy and quickly with no bearing down hard or going over several times.I really liked how well the Crafts 4 All Permanent Markers from E.I. Trading LTD worked. My only regret is not owning the 36 package because now I want even more color choices for a bigger project.



The full review is on Amazon and if you found this helpful please click on this link and give it a "Yes" vote here.

No comments: