Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Another one of those days!

I have been having weird stuff happen lately and I think it's just plain bad luck. Most of it has to do with electrical items. In a post a few weeks ago I mentioned the freezer that some how became unplugged and I lost around $1,000 worth of meat not to mention the freezer is now in the garage and then we keep loosing power here. Even on Christmas morning we woke up to no power. The kids really hated that since most of there big gifts were electronics and no power to check them out with. We did finally around noon get our power back. Then during the power outage Scott decided to plug in an extension cord to my power jack in the car to the portable DVD player so we could at least watch a new movie on Christmas morning and blew a fuse in my car. Then this morning I went to plug my hair dryer in and flames shot out of it. It actually caught on fire in my hands. It didn't take me long to unplug it I can tell you that. The whole bathroom smelt afterwards. I just realized they all had something to do with electricity or electronics. How bazaar~! After a long day at work the last thing I wanted to do was shop but since I'm just getting over bronchitis , ear infections and sinus infection I didn't dare leave to go to work in the morning with wet hair not to mention if I don't blow dry my hair it kind of has a mind of it's own with horns sticking here and there so I stopped at Rite Aid and bought a new hair dryer. Now my hair dryer is about 20yrs old and I never realized how many different types there were to choose from until tonight. Well I decided on one that the cord retracted and it also folded for easy storage however I'm just hoping it has some power to it since I have long long long hair and I need it to dry quickly since I have an hour commute in the mornings and don't want to have to spend any more time then I have to blow drying my hair. If it's powerful I'll be happy. I'm hoping that my bad luck with electronic equipment stops soon. This is beginning to get expensive!

No comments: