Monday, May 25, 2009

Poison Ivy ~ Can you spot it?

Our family went Geocaching today and just a warning to those of you that love the outdoors and spend a lot of time hiking, geocaching and 4 wheeling. The Poison Ivy here in Maine is every where. We skipped a few Geocach sites when we discovered they were in the middle a of poison ivy patch. My old man is highly allergic to it and 3 weeks ago he walked into a patch while geocaching and didn't notice it until it was to late. Poor guy suffered for 16 days. lol I know I shouldn't laugh but you had to of seen him. The rash you get is very itchy and painful. It can range from mild to severe and every one reacts differently. Here is a link to some of the Pictures I found of rashes from poison Ivy. Some are real graphic.

1 comment:

StockpilesRus said...

This is a GREAT post!
PS: Could you please add our site to your blog?
Thanks & keep up the great work,
- Denise